Friday’s paper talk – Football news and transfer speculation from national, international and regional newspapers all in one place.
- Real Madrid starlet Martin Ødegaard is hoping Liverpool will come in with a loan offer for him after turning down a move to the Bundesliga. He had been linked with Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen. (Read More >>)
- Arsenal are set for further talks with Shkodran Mustafi as they look to push through a deal for the Germany and Valencia defender. Chelsea are also reported to be interested.
- Real Madrid have had a £54m bid for Bayern Munich midfielder David Alaba rejected.
- Liverpool face competition from Real Madrid in their efforts to sign £33m-rated Portugal midfielder João Mário. (Read More >>)
- Arsenal have accepted an offer from Galatasaray for defender Mathieu Debuchy, who is thinking over a loan move to Turkey.
- Bristol City are keen on a loan deal for exciting Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham.
- Everton will offer striker Romelu Lukaku a bumper new deal of £135,000-a-week to try and keep him at Goodison Park. (Read More >>)
- Chelsea are keeping tabs on Romania striker Nicolae Stanciu who currently plays for Steaua Bucharest.
- Chelsea are watching Brazil’s Thiago Maia, 19, during the Olympics, before making a £15m bid to take him from Santos. (Read More >>)
- Manchester City remain keen on signing Dinamo Zagreb’s highly-rated midfielder Ante Ćorić.
- Everton are set to make a fresh £12m offer for Swansea City captain Ashley Williams. (Read More >>)
- Ajax are ready to step up their interest in Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli. (Read More >>)
- Leeds and QPR are among the Championship sides queueing up to sign Nottingham Forest winger Jamie Ward.
- Hull City defender Harry Maguire is set to hand in a transfer request to force through a £5m switch from Hull to fellow Premier League newcomers Middlesbrough. (Read More >>)
- Celtic could be without exciting winger Patrick Roberts for three weeks after he injured his hamstring in the Champions League win over Astana.
- Arsenal face competition from AC Milan in their bid to sign Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi.
- Arsene Wenger has told Chuba Akpom to put his case for a start in Arsenal’s opener against Liverpool – the youngster is not being loaned out for now.
- Saido Berahino’s West Brom future is back in the balance after the Baggies withdrew their offer for West Ham striker Diafra Sakho.
- Aston Villa are prepared to allow 33-year-old centre-back Joleon Lescott to leave the club for free, with Leeds interested. Read More >>
- Everton are prepared to fight Arsenal for the £63m signing of Wolfsburg’s 22-year-old Germany winger Julian Draxler. (Read More >>)
Manchester Evening News
- Paul Pogba’s world-record transfer from Juventus to Manchester United is complete, and will be announced when the 23-year-old France midfielder returns from holiday. (Read More >>)
- And Diego Costa, 27, is likely to stay at Stamford Bridge, after Atletico Madrid’s president, Enrique Cerezo, said the Spain striker’s “place is with Chelsea”. (Read More >>)
- Real Madrid are prepared to offer £55.1m to secure the signature of Bayern Munich’s 24-year-old Austria midfielder David Alaba. (Read More >>)
- Jurgen Klopp will not allow midfielder Lucas Leiva, 29, to leave Liverpool until he has secured defensive cover for his injury-depleted backline. (Read More >>)
Gazzetta dello Sport
- Roma are interested in reported Liverpool target and former Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen, 30, currently at Barcelona. (Read More >>)
- Veteran Stoke striker Peter Crouch, 35, could move to Championship side Wolves in a bid for more first-team football. (Read More >>)