Saturday’s paper talk – Football news and transfer speculation from national, international and regional newspapers all in one place.
- José Mourinho has launched a triple-whammy attack on Arsène Wenger, Jürgen Klopp and Louis van Gaal. He described Wenger and Klopp as ‘ not ethical’ for commenting on the possible signing of Paul Pogba and said it will be difficult ‘to change dynamics’ at United after Van Gaal’s reign.
- Leicester’s owner has spent £2m on new cars for the club’s title-winning heroes.
- Arsenal legend Freddie Ljungberg is wanted by Arsene Wenger to replace Thierry Henry on their U18 coaching staff.
- Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri believes his champions won’t crumble like Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea side did last season.
- José Mourinho confirms Bastian Schweinsteiger’s Manchester United career is over.
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis assured his job is safe by new Chinese owners.
- Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko, 26, could be set for a move to Paris St-Germain, though the French champions will have to pay £35m to sign him. (Read More >>)
- Chelsea have yet to make a bid for former striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, with Everton having made clear they will not consider offers for their £28m club-record signing. (Read More >>)
- Scott Sinclair is edging closer to a £3.5million move to Celtic with Aston Villa set to decide on the forward’s future within 24 hours. (Read More >>)
- Real Madrid agree to double manager Zinedine Zidane’s wages to £90,000-a-week.
- Middlesbrough’s hopes of signing Zinedine Zidane’s son Enzo for the season have increased after Real Madrid told the 21-year-old midfielder he could leave on loan. (Read More >>)
- Mauro Icardi’s agent is reportedly heading to London in order to discuss a possible Arsenal deal for the Inter forward.
Manchester Evening News
- Manchester United Megastore staff members are rejecting fans’ requests to print Paul Pogba’s name on the back of the new Adidas shirt.
London Evening Standard
- Slaven Bilić wants to add at least five new players to his West Ham squad.
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane wants to buy Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matić, but the club’s president Florentino Perez has his eye on Moussa Sissoko.
- Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has warned Crystal Palace and any other clubs interested in signing Christian Benteke, 25, that the striker will not be sold below his value as a “present”. (Read More >>)
- Leicester City could bid £25m for Brazil and Santos forward Gabriel Barbosa, 19, who is also a target for Juventus and Inter Milan. (Read More >>)
- Defender Dani Ayala, 25, is the first of a number of senior Middlesbrough players who will sign new contracts over the coming weeks. (Read More >>)