Monday’s Paper Talk – Football news and transfer speculation from national, international and regional newspapers all in one place.
- Diego Costa has been offered to Napoli and Inter Milan as Chelsea look to make room for Romelu Lukaku. (Read More »)
- West Ham are looking at securing a loan deal for Real Madrid wonderkid Martin Ødegaard. (Read More »)
- Besiktas have agreed personal terms with Liverpool striker Christian Benteke, according to reports in Turkey.
- Ryan Giggs has said he is in no rush to move into management after being linked with the Wales job. (Read More »)
- Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Southampton are all said to be interested in signing Charlton’s England starlet Ademola Lookman.
- José Mourinho believes his new £110m signing Paul Pogba is capable of starring in the Premier League, even comparing the France international to former top-flight stars Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard.
- Chelsea are prepared to offer Asmir Begović and Loïc Rémy to Everton in exchange for Romelu Lukaku.
- Officials at Goodison Park will meet Lukaku’s agent, Mino Raiola, in the coming days as they look to resolve the forward’s long-term future. (Read More »)
- West Ham manager Slaven Bilić has backed Andy Carroll to bring his unique style of play back to the England team after the striker scored twice against Juventus. (Read More »)
- Christian Benteke’s agent has confirmed Liverpool have yet to receive any new offers for the Belgium striker but is hopeful of resolving his future before the end of the transfer window. (Read More »)
- West Ham are close to completing the signings of Swansea striker André Ayew, 26, and Olympiakos left-back Arthur Masuaku, 22. (Read More »)
South Wales Evening Post
- Swansea are ready to break their transfer record and pay around £15m to bring Atletico Madrid striker Borja Bastón to the Liberty Stadium. (Read More »)
- AC Milan will start a £300m transfer outlay by securing Arsenal target Isco from Real Madrid, but will have to pay £37m for the 22-year-old Spain midfielder. (Read More »)
- Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has suggested the club will not be signing a new centre-back before their opening Premier League game against Liverpool next Sunday. (Read More »)
- Championship side Birmingham City are targeting a loan deal for Manchester United’s 20-year-old English striker James Wilson. (Read More »)